Sunday, September 25, 2011

Read a book, THE book. (:

These past two weeks have been the worst ever.
But while the weeks have been awful, many great things have happened. 
I have gotten the greatest desire to read The Book of Mormon. Always. 
I woke up the other morning and thought, "Hmm i want to read the BOM." 
As this desire has grown i have began to read the BOM as if it were a regular book. 
I read it daily and sometimes for a few hours. 
As i read though, i journal and study with a manual. 
Its amazing what you can learn when you have the spirit on your side.

Also another great thing that has happened is i have gotten alot closer with my friends here at school and have gotten to spend loads of time with them. 

One thing that happened that makes me super nervous is, I quit my job. 
I had been praying for a while about it and finally one night after tossing all night i came to my decision.
I needed to have faith in the lord and make a decision and know he would stand by me. 
So, i prayed and told him i felt like i needed to take a step into the dark. 
Quitting seemed like the best thing for me right now. 
The job always brought me down and stressed me out.
I told him all about how i felt and that i would be diligent in searching for a new job.
After i prayed i sat in bed and thought for about an hour. It felt so right. 
So I did it, i stepped into the dark.
Super scary because i am afraid of the dark. 
But after i did it felt right, i was able to sleep and i am happy. 
Granted i am still really scared about being unemployed But i have faith.
If i do my part i will have nothing to worry about. 
He watches over me.
He will protect me. 
I will get through this with his help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment